Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wstanley75926 wstanley75926 is offline

Default Word 2007 reader view needs a bookmark function.

I'm not really sure where to post this but here is the deal:

I've been testing Office 2007 beta 2. I absolutely love the new interface,
but there is one thing I noticed. The Word 2007 reader view does not have a
bookmark function and this rather surprised me.

I was reading a large text file containing what is basically the "bible"
laying out all aspects of day-to-day operations at our facility. When I got
off work, I wanted to save the position I was at so I could come back to it
tomorrow. I was unable to find a way to bookmark where I was at in the
document.

So (finally) here is my question: Is there a way to bookmark my position in
reader view? If not it would be a great addition to an already great suite.

Thanks.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?d3N0YW5sZXk3NTkyNg==?=,

So (finally) here is my question: Is there a way to bookmark my position in
reader view? If not it would be a great addition to an already great suite.

I agree with you (and have so voted). FWIW, given the tools that are currently
available, the best approach would be to insert a Comment. Then you can display
the Reviewing pane, click in the Comment and the focus should jump to that
position in the document. Delete the comment, close the pane, and you're all
set. A bit more work than it needs to be, granted, but better than nothing (for
a beta version).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wstanley75926 wstanley75926 is offline

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?d3N0YW5sZXk3NTkyNg==?=,

So (finally) here is my question: Is there a way to bookmark my position in
reader view? If not it would be a great addition to an already great suite.

I agree with you (and have so voted). FWIW, given the tools that are currently
available, the best approach would be to insert a Comment. Then you can display
the Reviewing pane, click in the Comment and the focus should jump to that
position in the document. Delete the comment, close the pane, and you're all
set. A bit more work than it needs to be, granted, but better than nothing (for
a beta version).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Thanks!

I'll do that and hope that feature actually becomes part of Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi W.,

To also send your feedback, experiences and suggestions for Office 2007 directly to the MS Office product team you can use the
feedback tool from link 3, below.

=============

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net