Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chingy chingy is offline

Default Retrieve the previous saved documents?

I replaced an old documents with new contents; yet instead of savinf it with
"save as" I accidentally pressed saved. I didn't realize until I exited the
program. Is there any way I can get the previous content back?

Please there are some really important info. for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Chingy,

no way,

unless you got a buddy
in a big laboratory...

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Not unless you had "Always save backup copy" enabled in Tools |
Options, Save tab; then, you would be able to open the *.wbk file,
which represents the document "one save operation ago."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"chingy" wrote in message
I replaced an old documents with new contents; yet instead of savinf
it with
"save as" I accidentally pressed saved. I didn't realize until I
exited the
program. Is there any way I can get the previous content back?

Please there are some really important info. for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Stefan,

good to know.

With a propriatary version management,
I forgot about that long time ago.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chingy chingy is offline

thanx.....*sighh*

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Chingy,

no way,

unless you got a buddy
in a big laboratory...

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chingy chingy is offline

Unfortunately....it's unchecked by default. but thanx for the info. I just
checked it just in case I'll do it again....

"chingy" wrote in message
I replaced an old documents with new contents; yet instead of savinf
it with
"save as" I accidentally pressed saved. I didn't realize until I
exited the
program. Is there any way I can get the previous content back?

Please there are some really important info. for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Checking the "Always create backup copy" is a very good idea. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP