Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stan stan is offline

Default Mouse commands in Word 2007 not working?

Within Word 2007, neither my external mouse nor my system mouse are active.
They both work in Excel or Office, but within Word, I have to scroll down
using arrow keys, and cannot cut and paste and highlight text. This only
started happening on Sunday. Anyone encounter this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a damaged Word data key in the Windows registry. Close
Word 2007, start regedit, and rename the
"\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12. 0\Word\Data"
key. Word 2007 will create a new Data key using the factory
default settings when you restart the program. If this fixes the
problem, great... but you might have to re-select some of your
Word Options settings. If it doesn't, you can close Word 2007,
rename the old key back to its original name to retrieve your old
Word Options settings.