Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jayawanth Jayawanth is offline

Default Endnotes at the end of chapter

In my book written using Word 2007, where Chapters do contain multiple
sections is it possible to have the endnotes appear at the end of each
Chapter instead of the end of the document?
Thanks,
Jayawanth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the endnote options, set the placement of notes to "End of section." Then
suppress the endnotes for sections where you don't want to see them; the
option is in the Page Layout dialog box, Layout tab. (To display this dialog
box, click the dialog launcher button in the Page Setup group of the Page
Layout ribbon.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jayawanth" wrote in message
In my book written using Word 2007, where Chapters do contain multiple
sections is it possible to have the endnotes appear at the end of each
Chapter instead of the end of the document?
Thanks,
Jayawanth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. Even though recent versions of Word offer an option to apply
different restart (and other settings of the Footnote and Endnote dialog box)
to different sections, this is not working reliably, unfortunately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP