Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randee Randee is offline

Default Cannot edit indentation

I have with Word 2003 and have a document that has an indentation in the
first line of a paragraph. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid
of it, to no avail. I have tried backspacing.... that just makes it jump up
to the end of the last line. I've edited page set up, margins, tabs,
paragraphs under the Format menu. I clicked the "show/hide" button and it
shows a grey shadow of the backwards P looking symbol that I cannot get rid
of. I've queried the "help" with no answers. I looked under "auto format"
to see if anything there would apply. I'm completely stumped. Any help
would be appreciated! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming the paragraph has no first-line indent, and especially if it's the
first paragraph on a page, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm for a
likely possibility.