Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old_Oak66 Old_Oak66 is offline

Default Autotext Problems

Hi. I have read through the forum and can find nothing to help even though
the subject has been covered before. We had some new software installed
yesterday (to do with digital dictation) and now the autotext entries are no
longer available. I managed to get them back working yesterday but once Word
was closed and re-opened again this morning some will work, others won't.
They can be seen in the box if you go to Tools / Templates and Add-ins so
they are still there and if you try to re-do it it says "Do you want to
redefine the autotext entry" so it is obviously still recognising that it is
there, somewhere. But if you type in the letters and press F3 nothing
happens. Using Word 2003 and Windows XP. Hope you can make sense of this
and offer some suggestions. Thanks a lot!