Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
basha basha is offline

Default keystroke multiple entry

I want to hold down a key for it to do automatic repeating of itself instead
of having the hit the key repeatedly. How do I achieve auto repeat on
keystrokes by simply holding down the key?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Basha

This is a Windows setting. Depending on your version of Windows, find the
control panel, locate the section on printers and hardware if there is one,
then find the section to do with the keyboard. You should be able to set the
delay (ie the time before the repeating starts) and the rate at which the
letter will repeat.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Basha" wrote in message
I want to hold down a key for it to do automatic repeating of itself
instead
of having the hit the key repeatedly. How do I achieve auto repeat on
keystrokes by simply holding down the key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check Windows Control Panel Accessibility options for a check in the
Filter Keys box.

Basha wrote:
I want to hold down a key for it to do automatic repeating of itself
instead of having the hit the key repeatedly. How do I achieve auto
repeat on keystrokes by simply holding down the key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hummer hummer is offline

I have the same problem. Tried your advice and it didn't work. I think it's a
Word setting that I hit by mistake and have not been able to figure out how
to undo.