Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
normally pretty pc savvy... normally pretty pc savvy... is offline

Default object types completely missing in MSWord Insert Object list box

I'm trying to insert an equation into my Word 2003 document. I have
installed Equation Editor to 'Run from my computer'. When I go to the
'Insert' 'Object' on the 'Create New' tab, there are no object types at all
listed in the list box. I see the same thing in Excel also. How do I get
Word, Excel, etc. to recognize objects that can be inserted and in particular
Equation Editor objects?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try scrolling down in the Insert Object list box? Some users have
reported that there are numerous totally blank entries at the top, with
actual entries appearing below.

wrote in message
I'm trying to insert an equation into my Word 2003 document. I have
installed Equation Editor to 'Run from my computer'. When I go to the
'Insert' 'Object' on the 'Create New' tab, there are no object types at

all
listed in the list box. I see the same thing in Excel also. How do I get
Word, Excel, etc. to recognize objects that can be inserted and in

particular
Equation Editor objects?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
normally pretty pc savvy... normally pretty pc savvy... is offline

Default object types completely missing in MSWord Insert Object list b

That's it. There are 11 blank entries above the valid objects in the list.
Thanks!

wrote in message
I'm trying to insert an equation into my Word 2003 document. I have
installed Equation Editor to 'Run from my computer'. When I go to the
'Insert' 'Object' on the 'Create New' tab, there are no object types at

all
listed in the list box. I see the same thing in Excel also. How do I get
Word, Excel, etc. to recognize objects that can be inserted and in

particular
Equation Editor objects?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Now if we just knew what causes those blank entries...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you try scrolling down in the Insert Object list box? Some users

have
reported that there are numerous totally blank entries at the top, with
actual entries appearing below.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.