Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Excel table in Word

I have an excel table in a word document. Usually I can double click the
table and it "opens" like an excel spreadsheet.

In this particular document, I can't edit it because it won't "open". Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

It probably isn't linked to the Excel document, and is thus acting like a
simple Word table. You may have to recopy and repaste it to the Word doc,
this time selecting a linked format.

"Betsy" wrote in message
I have an excel table in a word document. Usually I can double click the
table and it "opens" like an excel spreadsheet.

In this particular document, I can't edit it because it won't "open". Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi, Betsy

Mr. RichRd O. Neville has mentioned it correctly. You have to copy the cells
and paste special as "Microsoft Excel Worksheet object". This will maintain a
link a to the source document. I do understand that you must have performed
this operation. But there are two possibilty:

1. The Excel application is not installed. In such situation the application
opens with a Microsoft supplementary application which is s Microsoft
supplectary Chart available under Insert Object
2. You application does not support OLE .2.0 functionally. In that case
Excel has to open as a seperate instance like OLE 1.0

I have used this function several times to generate students performance,
leave details data to be displayed on weekly basis.

Note: You have to reinstall Excel again.

Challa Prabhu