Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueCBA sueCBA is offline

Default Word Properties

When I open Custom Properties from File the Add/Delete buttons are greyed
out. Why? What should I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will have to type a value for the property (or type your own property
name and type a value for it); then the Add button will be active.

On the other hand, if you trying to insert an existing field into a
document, do this: On the Insert menu, click Field. In the dialog box, click
the DocProperty field, and choose the name of the property. Click OK to
insert the field at the insertion point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sueCBA" wrote in message
When I open Custom Properties from File the Add/Delete buttons are greyed
out. Why? What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do
with dates in Word, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Insert A Date With Text Using A Formula Field'

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"sueCBA" wrote in message ...
When I open Custom Properties from File the Add/Delete buttons are greyed
out. Why? What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Dang - replied to the wrong post!!

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"sueCBA" wrote in message ...
When I open Custom Properties from File the Add/Delete buttons are greyed
out. Why? What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The "Link to content" box will be active if you have created at least one
bookmark in the document. The option links the document property to that
particular bookmark, which means that the contents of the document property
will be determined by the contents of the bookmark. (It is unclear what the
potential benefits are.)

See this article:

Create custom file properties
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH010392121033