Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Konni Konni is offline

Default autotext template distribution in a network

Where can I change the path of the autotext file so that every PC in the
company will take this file as the autotext file and that the autotexts are
on all PC's automatically updated when the file is updated?

Thank you very much for your soonest help:-)

Kind regards
konni
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The best way to handle autotext entries is to save them in the document
template that requires them. Then any user of those templates will have
access to the entries that template requires.

Do all PCs have the same shared Word startup folder? In such a case you
could put the autotext entries (for Word up to 2003) into a template and
save that template in the Startup folder. By default Word will save autotext
entries in the normal template. This cannot be shared.

Word 2007, uses a different method of handling autotext, though either of
the two methods above should work.

Konni wrote:
Where can I change the path of the autotext file so that every PC in
the company will take this file as the autotext file and that the
autotexts are on all PC's automatically updated when the file is
updated?

Thank you very much for your soonest help:-)

Kind regards
konni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Konni Konni is offline

Hi Graham

thank you for your help.
Where can I change the path (word 2007) so that all the pc's word will take
the one template as autotext?
Word startup folder path.
At the moment everything is in Cocuments and
Settings/username/ApplicationData?etc...

I have a template folder on the server. I want all the Pc's to take that
autotext file and also that there autotexts are automatically updated as I
update the template.
Is this even possible?

Thank you very much for your soonest reply and help:-)

Konni wrote:
Where can I change the path of the autotext file so that every PC in
the company will take this file as the autotext file and that the
autotexts are on all PC's automatically updated when the file is
updated?

Thank you very much for your soonest help:-)

Kind regards
konni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Konni wrote:
Hi Graham

thank you for your help.
Where can I change the path (word 2007) so that all the pc's word
will take the one template as autotext?
Word startup folder path.
At the moment everything is in Cocuments and
Settings/username/ApplicationData?etc...

Word Options File Locations Startup

I have a template folder on the server. I want all the Pc's to take
that autotext file and also that there autotexts are automatically
updated as I update the template.
Is this even possible?

If you put the template containing the autotext entries in the Word startup
folder (not the normal template) it will load with Word.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...buteMacros.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/Template_Locations.htm