Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kristenh kristenh is offline

Default Rotating Pyramid Diagrams

IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied and
pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that pyramid so that
is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the help etc and nothing there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using Word 2007? If so, then select the whole pyramid, right-click
the edge, and choose Change Layout. Under Pyramid, click on the one that is
rotated 180 degrees relative to the current pyramid.

If you're using Word 2003, you might need to convert the pyramid into a
picture (with wrapping set to something other than In line with text) to
rotate it. You will then no longer be able to edit the text. Select it, cut
it to the clipboard, then choose Edit - Paste Special - Picture. If it now
has a green handle, you can use that to rotate it. If not, then right-click,
choose Format Picture, Layout tab, In front of text (for example), OK. Then
use the green handle.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"kristenh" wrote in message
IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied and
pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that pyramid so
that
is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the help etc and nothing
there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kristenh kristenh is offline

Thanks for your reply. I am using Word 2003. I am not sure how to convert the
pyramid to a picture. Can you tell me how to do that please?

Also if it works and it rotates the pyramid will the text be upside down
given it is just rotating it as a picture? Or will the text be the right way
up?

Thanks again in anticipation

"kristenh" wrote in message
IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied and
pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that pyramid so
that
is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the help etc and nothing
there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Assuming you're using Word 2007 & the Pyramid is a Smart Art object, you've
found nothing about how to rotate it because it can't be rotated. Individual
components of Smart Art diagrams can be rotated but not the entire diagram.

There is an inverted Pyramid among the choices in the Smart Art Tools -
Layout gallery, however.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/29/08 11:09 PM, in article
, "kristenh"
wrote:

IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied and
pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that pyramid so that
is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the help etc and nothing there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kristenh kristenh is offline

Thanks for your reply. I am actually using Word 2003 so I assume that there
is no function for rotating the pyramid in this version either?

If that is the case do you know how I can create a new pyramid but with the
point of the pyramid at the bottom instead of the top? The standard is point
at the top and it doesn't seem to give you any options other than that.

This is driving me crazy! Your help is much appreciated

wrote:

IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied and
pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that pyramid so that
is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the help etc and nothing there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have pasted from another application then it seems likely that it is
inserted 'in-line'. There is no rotation available for in-line graphics. You
can, however, set the layout property of the image to something other than
in-line and you will then be able to rotate it as a whole.

wrote:

IS some able to please help me with pyramid diagrams? I have copied
and pasted a pyramid from another doc and now want to rotate that
pyramid so that is is flipped upside down. Have searched thru the
help etc and nothing there.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Kristen,

This may be simpler in a drawing/graphic program.

If you only need to have the text layers reversed as to what is top, middle or bottom, that's built into the Diagram menu. If you
need to turn the pyramid into a funnel, and if you only have MS Word 2003 and if you used the Insert=Diagram=Pyramid choice in
Word 2003 to create the pyramid whether rotating it as a graphic will help can depend on whether or not you have text in the
diagram, as it too will flip, and which diagram coloring scheme you have applied, as some of those will separate from the pyramind
when flipped. For example, the 'Fire' theme will not be within the shapes after flipping if you want the text to stay 'right side
up', but 'Primary colors' should be.

To flip a *finished* pyramid diagram set and paste as a graphic:

1. In Print Layout view zoom to 'whole page' size.

2. Resize your text and diagram canvas to the final sizing you want.

3. Click on the outside diagram canvas border and use Ctrl+X, or right click on the diagram edge and use Cut to cut it out of the
page.

4. Go to Edit=Paste Special and select Picture(Enhanced MetaFile).

5. Click on the graphic to select it, do not rotate it

6. Use View=Toolbars to turn on the drawing toolbar. The next three steps are all from the drawing toolbar.

7. Use Draw=Ungroup and say yes to the 'conversion'.

8. Immediately use Draw=Group

9. Use Draw=Rotate or Flip=Flip Vertical

You should be able to type text in the funnel/inverted pyramid.

The pyramid diagram is made up of autoshapes. The top layer ones you are using are inverted trapezoids, rather than triangles. You
can build your own inverted pyramid using trapezoids although it can be a bit tricky getting the edges to line up, even while
holding the alt key when dragging.

A. Insert=Picture=New Drawing.

B. From the drawing toolbar use Autoshapes=Basic shapes
and select 'Trapezoid'.

C. At the bottom of the drawing canvas draw your smallest trapezoid then drag its yellow diamond handle to the center to form the
point of the pyramid.

D. Draw, size and paste the additional pyramid trapezoid sections using the alt key when sizing to fine tune.

E. Use Draw=Group to combine each new trapezoid to those already drawn as you build.

F. Right click a shape to add text.

============
"kristenh" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your reply. I am actually using Word 2003 so I assume that there
is no function for rotating the pyramid in this version either?

If that is the case do you know how I can create a new pyramid but with the
point of the pyramid at the bottom instead of the top? The standard is point
at the top and it doesn't seem to give you any options other than that.

This is driving me crazy! Your help is much appreciated
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

how do I align text in pyramid shape kriscube Microsoft Word Help 4 May 7th 23 02:49 AM
spider diagrams/mind mapping diagrams in word 2007???? Uzee Microsoft Word Help 2 February 14th 07 11:18 AM
Fitting text into the pyramid diagram JoeCool37 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 23rd 06 09:37 PM
USDA Pyramid Elle Microsoft Word Help 1 August 12th 05 09:56 PM
diagrams Ludi Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 05 04:12 PM