Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annie Annie is offline

Default Unlocking Forms in Word 2007

Hi I have created a form in Word 2007 and did this a while ago. I can't seem
to unlock this in order to edit it. The legacy tools etc on the developer
tab are all greyed out??? Also, when I click on the Protect Document button
on the ribbon, Unrestricted access is clicked. Please help!!!!

Thanks a million
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Annie wrote:
Hi I have created a form in Word 2007 and did this a while ago. I
can't seem to unlock this in order to edit it. The legacy tools etc
on the developer tab are all greyed out??? Also, when I click on the
Protect Document button on the ribbon, Unrestricted access is
clicked. Please help!!!!

Thanks a million

The Unrestricted Access item on the Protect Document button has nothing at
all to do with locking or unlocking a form. Instead, click the Restrict
Formatting and Editing item to open the task pane, where you should see a
Stop Protection button at the bottom.

This is something like the idiocy in Windows of having to click the Start
button to get to the Shut Down command...

To make this easier in the future, go to Office button Word Options
Customize, choose the All Commands category, and add the Lock icon to your
Quick Access Toolbar. You can just click that toolbar button to turn
protection on and off. (There are other things you can do only in the task
pane, but there's no reason to have to use three clicks where one will do.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement