Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Goran Ivanic Goran Ivanic is offline

Default How to disable "Read-only" popup when opening a Word 2003 document ?

When I open some (but not all) Word documents with Word 2003 a popup appears asking me:

D:\...\mydoc.doc should be opened as read-only unless changes to it need to be saved.
Open as read-onyl ? YES NO ?

How can I permanently (for all docs) disable this prompt dialog ?

Goran

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Camelia P Camelia P is offline

I know that this dialog comes from the fact that on saving the document, it
had this box checked.
So, I think that this depend on how a person saves him/her document and you
can not change this feature for ALL documents, but for YOURS (ie the ones
that you create). You can do that by following these steps:
FORMAT - OPTIONS - SECURITY - uncheck the "read only recommended" box.
Good luck!
Camelia