Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

Default How do I remove a header for just a couple pages but not all?

I have on the header of every odd page a small graphic. I dont want this
graphic to show on the first 6 or so pages. How do I take it off off only
those first few pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

in addition, I do have it separated as section 1 and section 2. Its section
1 that I dont want the graphic on the header but to leave it on section 2.
Im in the layout section of the page setup and i feel like im doing it right
by having it set to "apply to this section" but it still does it to the whole
document. why?

"Greg" wrote:

I have on the header of every odd page a small graphic. I dont want this
graphic to show on the first 6 or so pages. How do I take it off off only
those first few pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Break the link between the headers of section 1 and section 2 and insert the
graphic in the header of section 2 alone.
In Word up to 2003 you will find the link option on the header toolbar
In Word 2007 you will find it in the Navigation section of the ribbon on the
Design tab when your cursor is in the header.

"Greg" wrote:

I have on the header of every odd page a small graphic. I dont want
this graphic to show on the first 6 or so pages. How do I take it
off off only those first few pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Greg is offline

Im in 2007...I do not see anything about breaking links where you directed
me. I see the the Navigation section but it only lists Go to Header and
Footer, Previous and Next section, and Link to Previous