Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suiterd suiterd is offline

Default Having documents open at leaving off point rather than the beginni

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Press Shift+F5 when you have opened the document. It should bring you to the
last editing point.

For further details, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Shift+F5 regrettably doesn't work that way in Word 2007. It works as long as
a document is open, but not when it is closed and reopened.

http://word.mvps.org

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Having documents open at leaving off point rather than the beg

I made a minor test in Word 2007 before I posted the Shift+F5 solution and it
worked here. I just tested with more documents now and it also worked...

--

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suiterd suiterd is offline

I just tried it myself and couldn't get it to work. I saved the document,
closed it, reopened and pushed shift/f5 and nothing happened.

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

After reading Suzannes post, I found some posts from 2008 stating that
Shift+F5 does not work in Word 2007. I may have read that earlier and
forgotten about it. Anyway, it works here - and I cannot explain why. I have
tried both closing the document and exiting Word - and I can still go to the
last editing point using Shift+F5 when reopening the document.

--

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're just charmed. g I had that experience with certain other features
in Word 97 and later, but the charm ultimately wore off in Word 2003. Are
you using an English or Danish version of Word? Could be that it's only
broken in the English version.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Shift+F5 regrettably doesn't work that way in Word 2007. It works as
long as
a document is open, but not when it is closed and reopened.

http://word.mvps.org

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
Press Shift+F5 when you have opened the document. It should bring
you to
the
last editing point.

For further details, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

"suiterd" wrote:

I am hoping this is a simple and easy question, but how do I set
Word to
open
my document where I left off typing rather than opening at the
beginning
each
time? I have the 2007 edition. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I am using a Danish version of Word and switch the GUI language between
Danish and English as needed using a language pack. Shift+F5 works regardless
of the GUI language in use (at least today - I may test it again tomorrow
g).

The Danish version may be the reason why it works here. However, I find it a
bit strange if that is the case. I suppose the Danish and other localized
versions are based on the English version and therefore it seems unlikely to
me that a bookmark that is missing in the English version reappears in a
localized version. But who knows - Word works in mysterious ways€¦