Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default Word should have a Julian day format

When using the 'insert date and time' function, Word does not have a Julian
Day format.

We use Julian Day/GMT in much of our logging which is done in Word 2007. It
would be really nice if the 'insert date and time' included this.

All versions of Word.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Dave,

It all depends on what you mean by 'Julian Day format'. There is any number of interpretations of what this might mean. For example,
for todays date Gregorian calendar date (15 of April, 2009), the:
.. Julian Day Number is 2,454,937;
.. Julian Calendar Date is 28 April 2009; or
.. A year number & day number combination for a Gregorian calendar, where todays date is represented as 09105.
.. A year number & day number combination for a Julian calendar, where todays date is represented as 09128.
Note that the last two represenations are not Julian dates (though they are sometimes called that, implying some necessary
connection with the Julian calendar) and are ambiguous as to what century is meant.

--
Cheers
macropod