Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brooks Brooks is offline

Default Editing a Table Pasted from Excel into Word as a Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

Hi:

I am copying a section of an Excel Spreadsheet, and then pasting into
word using Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

When I right click on the object in word, one of the menu choices is
"Edit Picture" This will allow me to change text in the picture, which
seems to be included through the use of text boxes. I make a minor
change that is required, but then I cannot seem to revert the image or
picture back to its previous form, which seems to be as a normal
picture file that has been inserted. The only way I can figure out
how to do this is by using the undo command, but I loose my text
chance. If the picture stays in the new, editable format, whenever I
click into it, all of the text is becomes highlighted, which really
slows down my ability to continue work on the rest of the document.
The new format seems to be seen by word as a Drawing Canvas.

Does anyone know how I can make a text change, and then get Word to
see the image as an inserted picture file again as opposed to this
drawing canvas?

Thanks,
Brooks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

Default Editing a Table Pasted from Excel into Word as a Picture (Enhanced

If you need to edit the text in the table, I'd recommend pasting special as
an Excel worksheet object, not as a picture. It'll show as a metafile
anyway, but when you need to edit you can edit in in Excel.

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brooks Brooks is offline

On Feb 13, 4:16 pm, Renee [MSFT]
wrote:
If you need to edit the text in the table, I'd recommend pasting special as
an Excel worksheet object, not as a picture. It'll show as a metafile
anyway, but when you need to edit you can edit in in Excel.

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

OK, but the problem with that is that then the table no longer fits on
my page in word. The picture (enhanced metafile) somehow resizes to
fit nicely on the page. As an excel worksheet object, it is too
large.

Thanks,
Brooks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Brooks:

The EMF option you were working with is the best way to do this.

You can disable the Drawing Canvas option in ToolsOptions...

I would turn it back on again as soon as you have finished editing your
picture, since the drawing canvas can be very useful if you are also adding
drawing objects to the document.

Cheers

On 14/2/07 10:06 PM, in article
, "Brooks"
wrote:

On Feb 13, 4:16 pm, Renee [MSFT]
wrote:
If you need to edit the text in the table, I'd recommend pasting special as
an Excel worksheet object, not as a picture. It'll show as a metafile
anyway, but when you need to edit you can edit in in Excel.

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

OK, but the problem with that is that then the table no longer fits on
my page in word. The picture (enhanced metafile) somehow resizes to
fit nicely on the page. As an excel worksheet object, it is too
large.

Thanks,
Brooks

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410