Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meggievan Meggievan is offline

Default How do I find the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square?

I need to type the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square one time into a paper I am
writing. I could not find it in the available symbols for Word. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:54:00 -0700, Meggievan
wrote:

I need to type the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square one time into a paper I am
writing. I could not find it in the available symbols for Word. Please help.

The chi is a lower case Greek letter that is available in almost every "normal"
(non-specialty) font at Unicode value 03C7. In recent versions of Word you can
type 03C7 in the document and then press Alt+X to replace the number with the
character. In all versions, you can use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

The "squared" part is a superscript number 2. You make it by typing the number
2, selecting it, and pressing Ctrl+Shift+= to make it superscript.
Alternatively, you can insert the ˛ character by typing the number 00B2 and
pressing Alt+X (or, since this symbol is in the original ASCII range, hold down
the Alt key while typing 0178 on the number pad).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] siddiqui1964@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, April 12, 2008 7:54:00 PM UTC+1, Meggievan wrote:
I need to type the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square one time into a paper I am
writing. I could not find it in the available symbols for Word. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mohannadaltabban1981@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 8:54:00 PM UTC+2, Meggievan wrote:
I need to type the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square one time into a paper I am
writing. I could not find it in the available symbols for Word. Please help.

I have got THE PERFECT ANSWER,

need is the mother of innovation!

so, in the font menu, you will find a weird font in the font menu of Microsoft word, AFTER GEORGIA AND BEFORE GILL SANS MT. Actually i could not read the name of this weird font, because it is weird!

if you choose this font and type K, it will look EXACTLY like the symbol of Chi-square. But if you copy-paste here, it will look just like normal K €śthe font is not recognized in this blog€ť.

I just did it for my master thesis!

Good luck!