Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M. Fridriksson M. Fridriksson is offline

Default How do I change numbers into bar code in Word?

I was wondering if I could print number in Word document as a bar code. I am
using Microsoft Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Texas Aggie Texas Aggie is offline

Howdy Fridriksson,

I don't know about in 2007, but the following is true about 2003 and
eariler. The only kind of barcode Word can print without assistance is a
PostNet code
for a postal ZIP code, by using a BARCODE field. For any other kind of
barcode, you need either a special font or a separate program that generates
the barcodes as graphics for inclusion in a Word document.

You need to decide first what kind of barcode you need. The Code 39 and UPC
codes are probably the most common, but there are many more.

Here are some links that are worth looking at:
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html
http://www.barcodewiz.com/BarCode_ActiveX_Features.asp

they maybe able to work with Word 2007

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

"M. Fridriksson" wrote:

I was wondering if I could print number in Word document as a bar code. I am
using Microsoft Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The POSTNET barcode was dropped in Word 2007 because the barcode Word
produced is no longer USPS-compliant. See "The POSTNET bar code that Word
generates no longer qualifies for USPS bulk mailing discounts" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897290

"M. Fridriksson" wrote:

I was wondering if I could print number in Word document as a bar code.
I am
using Microsoft Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi M.,

If you're looking for something other than the U.S. Postal Service barcode capability, mentioned in the previous responses, you'll
basically need a BarCode font that matches the 'encoding' for the bar code system you're using. For example if you're using the 3
of 9 system, you can acquire and install that font (there are commercial, shareware, and free versions) in Windows then type in the
numbers or text you want barcoded (3 of 9 starts and ends with a special bar, in many barcode fonts you type an asterisk to get that
character) then apply that font to the typed text, either directly or by creating and using a 'Barcode' character style in Word.
The latter is preferable as you can include the size you want the finished barcode to be (font size) which can make a difference in
printing and scanning.

There are applications that provide automation (macros) for doing this in Office, such as http://idautomation.com/fonts/tools/vba if
you're looking for a solution that includes the fonts and tools for applying on a larger scale.

===========
"M. Fridriksson" M. wrote in message
I was wondering if I could print number in Word document as a bar code. I am using Microsoft Office 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MontereySoft MontereySoft is offline

Try Monterey Barcode Creator (http://www.morovia.com/label/barcode-
creator.asp). It works like an OLE server. In case you do not know
what an OLE service is - an OLE server can be inserted into Word
directly and the data is embedded. If you need to change it just
double click the image in Word and it lauches Barcode Creator. Very
cool. Here is the screen shot:

http://www.morovia.com/label/Barcode...shots.Pic7.asp