Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jerry V. Jerry V. is offline

Default Can I use more than one template in one Word document?

Colleague is trying to use Word more like a desktop publishing program where
multiple templates can be used in one document. Any way in Word to do the
same other than reformat second document or add paragraph styles or use PDF's?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Look into Autotext.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jerry V." Jerry wrote in message
Colleague is trying to use Word more like a desktop publishing program
where
multiple templates can be used in one document. Any way in Word to do the
same other than reformat second document or add paragraph styles or use
PDF's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Margaret Aldis Margaret Aldis is offline

It's usually a mistake to try to use Word like any other program :-) But if
you explain what you are trying to do someone here will be able to suggest a
way to do it. In fact, being Word, there are probably half a dozen ways to
nearly do it, with more or less efficiency!

To get you started, try to define what you (or colleague) mean by "multiple
templates". Do you mean several different page formats - that would be
handled in Word by different sections. Do you mean combining the styles
already present in several different templates? That would probably be done
using the Organizer or possibly by pasting one document into the other.

Reading between the lines, I'm assuming you are trying to combine several
existing documents together - what problems are you having with that? Do
these help:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...ectionInfo.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Jerry V." Jerry wrote in message
Colleague is trying to use Word more like a desktop publishing program
where
multiple templates can be used in one document. Any way in Word to do the
same other than reformat second document or add paragraph styles or use
PDF's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?SmVycnkgVi4=?=,

Colleague is trying to use Word more like a desktop publishing program where
multiple templates can be used in one document. Any way in Word to do the
same other than reformat second document or add paragraph styles or use PDF's?

I'm not sure I understand what your colleague is trying to do, but perhaps
selecting text or a page with the basic layout he's looking for and creating an
AutoText entry? He could create a "library" of such entries and insert them as
required.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM