Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PZ Straube

Default 11x14 won't print to Adobe PDF file and image cut off in print pre

Hello,
Using Word 2003 SP2 under MCE 2005 SP2, I have a brochure I'm making which
is in booklet format. The file contains pictures and text. The page size is
11 x 14 in landscape mode. When I do a print preview, only the right side of
each page is displayed on the screen, a minor inconvenience. If I print it
to my wide-format Epson 2200, it prints fine on properly sized paper. My
main problem is that if I try to make a PDF file out of it (I have the full
version of Adobe Pro 7), it will appear to print to the PDF file as if it is
on 8.5 x 11 paper, which means that the outside inch or two along all four
edges is not on the PDF file page.
Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Word formats to the current printer driver - which will not allow page sizes
that it is incapable of printing. Set the Adobe properties to use the
required page size.

PZ Straube wrote:
Hello,
Using Word 2003 SP2 under MCE 2005 SP2, I have a brochure I'm making
which is in booklet format. The file contains pictures and text.
The page size is 11 x 14 in landscape mode. When I do a print
preview, only the right side of each page is displayed on the screen,
a minor inconvenience. If I print it to my wide-format Epson 2200,
it prints fine on properly sized paper. My main problem is that if I
try to make a PDF file out of it (I have the full version of Adobe
Pro 7), it will appear to print to the PDF file as if it is on 8.5 x
11 paper, which means that the outside inch or two along all four
edges is not on the PDF file page.
Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PZ Straube

Default 11x14 won't print to Adobe PDF file and image cut off in print

Graham,
Thank you for your response.
After my post, I found that the PDF Maker was disabled by Word. I was just
getting ready to do a follow up by explaining that in Word, go to HELP |
ABOUT | DISABLE ITEMS, then enable the PDF Maker and it will work just fine
.... after implementing your suggestion regarding setting up the proper page
size with Adobe.
Thanks again for your time with responding to me!