CrazyDave66

Default Hyperlinks stop working

I have a document with text boxes that contain hyperlinks to locations in an
excel spreadsheet (created by copypaste as hyperlink). After I saved and
closed this document when i re-opened it the hyperlinks are not working.
They are still blue and underlined but not arrangement of CRTL + clicl or
click will work. Right clicking and selecting hyperlink only asks me to
create new destinations for the link? Anybody any ideas?
Shauna Kelly

Hi CrazyDave66

The most likely problem is that Paste as Hyperlink sometimes pastes a
relative address. That is, it points to an Excel file relative to where your
Word document lies. Do Alt-F9 to expose the field codes. Edit the codes so
that they point to a full path and file name for the Excel file. As you'll
see, you need double backslashes, so it should say something like {
HYPERLINK "C:\\My folder\\My Excel File.xls" \l "'Sheet name'!A1" }

With the cursor inside the field codes, press F9 to update the field and
Alt-F9 to display field results instead of field codes.

By the way, Word pastes links using Paste as Hyperlink into a table. I've no
idea why. But if the formatting starts behaving strangely, move the cursor
into the hyperlink and choose Table Convert Table to Text.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"CrazyDave66" wrote in message
I have a document with text boxes that contain hyperlinks to locations in
an
excel spreadsheet (created by copypaste as hyperlink). After I saved and
closed this document when i re-opened it the hyperlinks are not working.
They are still blue and underlined but not arrangement of CRTL + clicl or
click will work. Right clicking and selecting hyperlink only asks me to
create new destinations for the link? Anybody any ideas?

CrazyDave66

Thanks Shauna that was useful but i still have the problem that I connot
click the hyperlink to go to the destination, It makes no difference if i
hold CTRL and click all that happens is the text itself is selected??