Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

Default How does Word decide what name to use when saving new documents? (2007)

I have several templates. When I create a new document, Word (2007)
gives it a temporary name, like Document3.

When I save the document for the first time, I get the Save As panel
and Word fills in some name in the File Name field.

How does Word (2007) decide what to use as default name?

It seems like every template has a different default. Some of them are
puzzling.

One always uses the name "Change.docx".

Another always uses "Lunch with Bob.docx".

Still another usesd "January 31.docx".

Is there some way that I can control what the default name is in some
template setting?

And what about the "Save in" field? Can I set a default location where
new files from a particular template will get saved.