Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
megansimon-sportscommission

Default inserting semi-colons for a mass emailing

We have a 55 page document that contains email addresses. We are trying to
copy all these pages to do a mass mailing but you need to have a semi-colon
inbetween each email address in order for it to go through. We do not want
to have to go through all 55 pages and manually insert a semi-colon after
each email address. Does anyone know of a way to insert a semi-colon at the
end of each line with one step?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can use Find and Replace - if each address is on a line of its own all
you need top know is how the line is ended - with a manual line break or a
paragraph mark (both are choosable via the Special... button).

Find (your end of line character)
Replace with ;^&
Hit Replace All

--
Enjoy,
Tony

wrote in message
We have a 55 page document that contains email addresses. We are trying

copy all these pages to do a mass mailing but you need to have a

semi-colon
inbetween each email address in order for it to go through. We do not

want
to have to go through all 55 pages and manually insert a semi-colon after
each email address. Does anyone know of a way to insert a semi-colon at

the
end of each line with one step?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

I assume from your last sentence that the addresses are one per line with a
paragraph mark after each one (click the ¶ button on the toolbar -- do you
see that symbol at the end of each address? -- click it again to turn them
off). If that's the case:

- Open the Edit Replace dialog.
- In the Find box, enter
^p
- In the Replace box, enter
;^p
- Click the Replace All button.

If you don't want the paragraph marks between the addresses in the final
version, leave out the ^p in the Replace box -- just enter the semicolon,
and maybe a space character to make it more readable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman