Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bkuwahara

Default My numbering only shows (a)

I'm editing an existing document using Word 2003 and i've added some
additional points to an already exisiting numbered list using a standard (a),
(b), (c) format. The earlier text shows a, b, c but my items, added above
all say (a). I've tried to restart the numbering or continue the numbering
but nothing I've tried will change it from the (a).

Please help me... I've gotten great excel help here in the past don't let
me down.

Thanks a bunch.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

I'm editing an existing document using Word 2003 and i've added some
additional points to an already exisiting numbered list using a standard (a),
(b), (c) format. The earlier text shows a, b, c but my items, added above
all say (a). I've tried to restart the numbering or continue the numbering
but nothing I've tried will change it from the (a).

I'm not quite clear on how you proceeded. You say you added items to an existing
list. Then you say "earlier text", and that's followed by "items, added above".
And you use a, b, c in all cases.

so, does the expanded list read

a)
b)
c)

or something else? In which version of Word? And what command did you use to add
the numbering to the new items in the list?

Numbering is very finicky, so please be as accurate in your problem description
as possible.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bkuwahara

Cindy,

Thanks for replying but somehow in the inexplicable world of Word the
problem managed to fix itself. I closed out of the document and the next
time I opened it up my numbering was all correct.

Beth

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi,

Thanks for replying but somehow in the inexplicable world of Word the
problem managed to fix itself. I closed out of the document and the next
time I opened it up my numbering was all correct.

That's a relief g. I wish all problems would fix themselves like that.
Word was probably "out to lunch"...

Cindy Meister