Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Griesel David Griesel is offline

Default Date Switch, Blank Lines & Columns

I am using Word 2007 and Excel 2007.

I insert a date switch into the merge field \@ "d-MMM-yyyy" in the Word
document and the correct format appears in my document. Further down, I
insert the same switch and Word returns the number value of the date instead
of the date I am expecting i.e. 29-Jul-2007. Why!

How do I suppress blank lines in my mailmerge document?

I have created a massive excel spreadsheet, running into a lot of columns.
The insert "merge field" command in word does not allow me to access all of
the columns. Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Excel 2007 has a limit of using 255 columns. I can't think what's causing
your date problem but to sort out the blank lines problem you need to add the
Mailmerge command to the Quick Access Toolbar (it's under 'Commands Not in
the Ribbon') and when you click this to merge your document you'll see the
options for printing or omitting blank lines.

Andrea Jones
www.wrekinpublishing.com
www.stratatraining.co.uk