Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
douggbob douggbob is offline

Default Can I add entries to the thesaurus

I'd like to have Word pop up a *choice* of company-provided terms while I'm
typing (I guess I will have AutoCorrect active), so that I can simply choose
the appropriate term instead of merely accepting the nearest spellings. The
main reason I need this is for expanding the many acronyms my company uses
--- and many of them could easily stand for more than one thing, so I'd like
to see a list of appropriate choices. Secondarily, I'd like Word to pop up
the company-approved version of an acronym when I start typing the spelled
out version of a compound that takes an odd capitalization (i.e., intercaps),
such as wURL.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is no, but you could use autotext to list your acronyms.
Word 2007 does not have autocomplete, but still has the list. Compound names
such as wURL are probably easiest dealt with using autocorrect.

douggbob wrote:
I'd like to have Word pop up a *choice* of company-provided terms
while I'm typing (I guess I will have AutoCorrect active), so that I
can simply choose the appropriate term instead of merely accepting
the nearest spellings. The main reason I need this is for expanding
the many acronyms my company uses --- and many of them could easily
stand for more than one thing, so I'd like to see a list of
appropriate choices. Secondarily, I'd like Word to pop up the
company-approved version of an acronym when I start typing the
spelled out version of a compound that takes an odd capitalization
(i.e., intercaps), such as wURL.

index entries & sub entries in Word 2007 Sharon Kay Microsoft Word Help 3 July 23rd 07 12:30 AM
Thesaurus Ant Microsoft Word Help 0 December 22nd 06 12:58 AM
thesaurus Omniosu_1 Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 06 04:24 AM
Thesaurus pjm Microsoft Word Help 0 May 10th 06 01:24 AM
Thesaurus Ima Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 06 12:02 AM