auspicious auspicious is offline
Junior Member

Default copying and pasting tables

In the last week I have been unable to copy and paste a table.

I copy the table, as usual but when I paste, only the text pastes.

The same thing goes for when I copy a table from any format (word, excel etc).

Any ideas how I can fix this? I am using Windows 7.
Sandy C Shin Sandy C Shin is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspicious View Post
In the last week I have been unable to copy and paste a table.

I copy the table, as usual but when I paste, only the text pastes.

The same thing goes for when I copy a table from any format (word, excel etc).

Any ideas how I can fix this? I am using Windows 7.
Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem

Sany Shin
auspicious auspicious is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy C Shin View Post
Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem

Sany Shin

No never got an answer.

It is really annoying me now. Feel like I have tried everything!
so_artistic so_artistic is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy C Shin View Post
Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem

Sany Shin
I know that may not be relevant , considering that you posted this question a long time ago, but if this would be of any use to other people who have this problem, here's the solution I found.

Try closing different applications on your computer before copying and pasting a table. In my case, I found that Google Chrome was interfering with pasting formatted text, for some people it's Skype. It was really frustrating at first, before I actually analyzed my actions of the past several days, and realized that I started having this issue right after I installed Chrome on my computer.

Chrome interferes with other software, can't copy & paste formatted text in Adobe Illustrator as well. Just close the damn thing.

Hope that helped,
Irene
mlfowler mlfowler is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspicious View Post
In the last week I have been unable to copy and paste a table.

I copy the table, as usual but when I paste, only the text pastes.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I am using Windows 7.
I was also having problems printing Word Tables I had pasted from Excel, and they were appearing off the page. I found out that while in Excel you have to size the columns and fonts and column widths the way you want, even set the orientation as portrait or landscape, BEFORE you copy the table and paste it into Word. I never had that problem before upgrading to OSX 10.8.2, seems like the two Office apps spoke to each other a lot better. Anyway, now the docs print just fine, but I had to re-do a lot of table-pasting. Hope this helps someone, somewhere, and saves them the time I spent.