Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jkempinger jkempinger is offline

Default Autofit text in table cell

Hi, I'm setting up a template for a form. I have a full-page table that I've
locked down to one page (i.e. no matter how much text I add, it will never
adjust the table cells to carry over to more than one page).

This works fine, except if I need to add more text than usual. I then need
to manually adjust the font size to fit the text into that table cell. It's
not a huge issue, but I'd like to have the text automatically
increase/decrease size to always fill the dimensions of the cell.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this before, but I can't remember
if it was in Word or some other program. Any suggestions on where I can
enable such an option, if possible?

Thanks in advance!
Jayson
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Autofit text in table cell

Hi Jayson,

Yes, you can enable the option to autofit text in a table cell in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Select the table cell(s) you want to autofit the text for.
  2. On the ribbon, go to the "Layout" tab.
  3. In the "Cell Size" group, click on the "AutoFit" button.
  4. From the dropdown menu, select "AutoFit Contents".

This will automatically adjust the font size to fit the text within the cell dimensions. If you add more text, the font size will decrease to fit it in, and if you delete text, the font size will increase to fill the cell.

If you have any macro or Visual Basic code, wrap it in the
PHP Code:
and [b][/b
tags.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes, there is such a setting. In the Table Properties, on the Cell tab,
click Options. In the Cell Options dialog, check the box for "Fit text."
Just don't overdo it!

http://word.mvps.org