Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

Default Can't print multiple pages to one sheet

I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In the print dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size paper. However, the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is an HP5000) and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

The document has four pages. I typed 1, 2, 3, 4 in the Pages field and 1-4
for the page range and still no luck.
--
Christina

"Christina" wrote in message
I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In the print

dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size paper. However,

the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is an HP5000) and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And you selected "4 pages" in the "Pages per sheet" dropdown?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have just one page, you need to tell Word to print pages 1, 1, 1,

1.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Christina" wrote in message
I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In the print

dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size paper.

However,
the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is an HP5000)

and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

Yes. As far as I can tell, I am making the correct selections but just not
getting the results.
--
Christina

"Christina" wrote in message
I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In the print
dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size paper.

However,
the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is an HP5000)

and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

I have tried all sorts of variations and still no luck. I even had someone at
another law firm try it and they couldn't get it to work either.

However, we have received documents (transcripts) from outside the firm
where there are four page per printed sheet. So I know it can be done.
--
Christina

"Christina" wrote in message
I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In the

print
dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size paper.
However,
the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is an

HP5000)
and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Very odd. I'm wondering if an N-UP setting in your printer Properties (if
any) might either (a) be interfering with Word's setting or (b) exploited in
place of Word's setting. Unfortunately, I'm using Word 2003 here, so I can't
really test, but I feel sure this feature should be working in Word 2000.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

Hopefully, I will be able to find someone (perhaps, a court reporter) that
has sent us a document formatted as discussed and see what they may be doing
differently.

Thanks for trying to help out.
--
Christina

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you want to send the document to me, I will take a look at it for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Very odd. I'm wondering if an N-UP setting in your printer Properties (if
any) might either (a) be interfering with Word's setting or (b) exploited
in
place of Word's setting. Unfortunately, I'm using Word 2003 here, so I
can't
really test, but I feel sure this feature should be working in Word 2000.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have just one page, you need to tell Word to print
pages

1,
1, 1,
1.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Christina" wrote in

message
I am wanting to print 4 pages per sheet using Word 2000. In

the
print
dialog,
I select "4 pages per sheet" and scale to "letter" size
paper.
However,
the
document still prints one page to one sheet.

I have tried printing to different printers (my default is
an
HP5000)
and
changing the dpi to 600 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on why this feature doesn't want to work?
--
Christina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christina

Suzanne:

Just an update...

We were able to figure out the problem. It seems that to print multiple
pages to a sheet, we need to change the printer properties to print 4 pages
per sheet (this is only available on some of our printers). Our printers
ignore the Pages Per Sheet option in Word.

--
Christina

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That's not very nice of them! My printer does offer N-UP printing options
but it also complies with Word's settings. IMO, it should not be necessary
to change settings that affect all documents (and possibly other users) to
do something you want to do for a single document.