Tammy Bulluck

Default PI symbol

Is there a way to insert the PI symbol into a word document? I cannot find
when I Insert, Symbol. Thanks!
Jezebel

Keep looking. It's character 112 in the symbol font, or 03C0 in any ordinary
Unicode font. (assuming you want lower case).

"Tammy Bulluck" Tammy wrote in message
Is there a way to insert the PI symbol into a word document? I cannot
find
when I Insert, Symbol. Thanks!

tjtjjtjt

In the Symbok dialog, try switching the character subset to Basic Greek. (I'm
working with 2003.)
Or, type 03A0 and then press Alt+x.
For small letter PI, try 03C0 followed by Alt+x.

--
tj

"Tammy Bulluck" wrote:

Is there a way to insert the PI symbol into a word document? I cannot find
when I Insert, Symbol. Thanks!

Alvin

Simple..
use the font "Symbol"
then type "p"
you're done! ^_^

"Tammy Bulluck" wrote:

Is there a way to insert the PI symbol into a word document? I cannot find
when I Insert, Symbol. Thanks!

It is preferable to insert the pi character from the "(normal text)" font
(Basic Greek character subset) OR to use Insert | Symbol to insert it as a
protected symbol from the Symbol font. This will ensure that it will not
revert to "p" if the font of the surrounding text is changed.

"Alvin" wrote in message
Simple..
use the font "Symbol"
then type "p"