Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobE BobE is offline

Default Word 2003 opens blank document

For some reason now when I open a document in Word 2003, it appears to open
the document, but the body area of word does not show the text. The scroll
bars work, but not text shows on the screen. I have tried on other documents
with the same result. I tried cleaning temp files and running the 'Detect
and Repair' with no change. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny[_3_] Lenny[_3_] is offline

what happens if you zoom in or out? Do the words appear?
Are you using dual monitors? Try on the other monitor.

"BobE" wrote in message
For some reason now when I open a document in Word 2003, it appears to
open
the document, but the body area of word does not show the text. The scroll
bars work, but not text shows on the screen. I have tried on other
documents
with the same result. I tried cleaning temp files and running the 'Detect
and Repair' with no change. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobE BobE is offline

Lenny,

This is on a laptop. Everything has been working fine and all the sudden
this happens. After a reboot, it started working again. Now a couple weeks
later it has started happening again. Do not know why?