Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
galatea2153 galatea2153 is offline

Default Large frame around text box

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I try to insert a text box, a really large frame appears, with the
text box inside the frame. I know there is a way of turning this off (so
only the text box appears), but I cannot remember how to do it.

Cany anyone please put me out of my misery??

Many thanks in anticipation,

Megan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

The really large frame is probably the drawing canvas. The canvas acts as a
container to hold mutliple drawing objects. The canvas can be moved as a
single unit, and all of the drawing objects move with the canvas.

If you plan to draw and align 5 autoshapes, without the canvas, then you
will have to position each object individually. If you move one object, the
other object could jump in a seemingly random manner.

You didn't identify your word version, so for word 2003
Select the tools menu, options, On the genearl tab, under general options
de-select
Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting autoshapes.
--
Tom Conrad

"galatea2153" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I try to insert a text box, a really large frame appears, with the
text box inside the frame. I know there is a way of turning this off (so
only the text box appears), but I cannot remember how to do it.

Cany anyone please put me out of my misery??

Many thanks in anticipation,

Megan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
galatea2153 galatea2153 is offline

Thank you, Tom! I knew it was something so incredibly simple, but I just
couldn't find it!! (And yes, I am using 2003 - sorry for forgetting to tell
you).

Megan.