Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becky Becky is offline

Default 'Author' setting in Word documents

How do I permanently change the 'author' name in Word documents for Microsoft
Office Word 2003?

Further explanation. When clicking on 'File', 'Open', and the list of word
documents comes up, if you put the cursor over one of the document names, the
following information appears:

Type: Microsoft Word Document
Author: John Doe
Title: Resume
Date Modified: September 25, 2006 11:50 a.m.
Size: 36.5 KB

It is the 'John Doe' portion that I would like to permanently change.

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For new documents that you create from this point forward, in
Word click on Tools | Options | User Information, and change the
user name.

For existing documents, you will need to manually change each
individual document by opening the document, clicking on File |
Properties, changing the author name, and saving the document.

Author: John Doe
Title: Resume
Date Modified: September 25, 2006 11:50 a.m.

Author: John Doe
Title: Resume
Date Modified: September 25, 2006 11:50 a.m.
Size: 36.5 KB

It is the 'John Doe' portion that I would like to permanently change.

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may be able to use a macro to change the property on existing documents;
see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/DSOFile.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...