VikiFynn

Default header and footer on document disappear when emailed

I've created a Word document (also tried as a template) with a header and
footer but when I save, attach and email the document, the person opening the
attachment does not see the header and footer?
Anne Troy

That's correct if you're not choosing to email the document as an
attachment. Email messages don't have headers and footers.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"VikiFynn" wrote in message
I've created a Word document (also tried as a template) with a header and
footer but when I save, attach and email the document, the person opening

the
attachment does not see the header and footer?

VikiFynn

Thanks for your feedback Anne. I am saving in Word, attaching the document
as an attachment and then sending. When the recipient opens the attachment,
the header and footer are no longer there.

"VikiFynn" wrote in message
I've created a Word document (also tried as a template) with a header and
footer but when I save, attach and email the document, the person opening

the
attachment does not see the header and footer?

Anne Troy

What's in the header and footer? Did you perhaps link your logo instead of
insert it? Are they viewing the document in Print layout view? There could
be any number of reasons they don't SEE the header and footer...
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com