Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian

Default View change file properties when saving a document

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Save | check the "Prompt for
document properties" box | OK.

Ian wrote:

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian

Have tried this but the properties box still does not appear...

Tried resetting flag then rebooting to no avail...

Just ran Office 2003 thru the repair process and this did not help either.

Ian

Ian wrote:

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian

The function works OK now for new documents but will not bring up the
properties for a previously existing document.

Ian

Ian wrote:

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c65536a03ec38c
..

Ian wrote:

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian

Thank you ...

That works like a charm!

Ian

Ian wrote:

How do I turn on the automatic viewing of file properties whenever a file is
saved in word or excel? I want the properties summary to appear every time
I save or "save as" a file.

looking for a non-macro way to force Print Layout as the default v Kevin Microsoft Word Help 7 February 16th 06 03:45 AM
merge instructions from text file Steve Mailmerge 8 November 26th 05 03:31 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Error in Saving MS Word document as PDF file Al Krismer Microsoft Word Help 1 January 15th 05 05:51 AM
File properties dialog box does not open automatically when saving Gilly@MDC Mailmerge 1 December 10th 04 05:25 PM