Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Iaacov Rosenberg

Default Problem with numeric blank fields

Hi,

I noticed a flaw in Word Mail Merge using MSQuery.

If a numeric field is blank (i.e. null value in DB), Word duplicates the
previous record value for that field. This doesn't happen with strings or
dates.

Conditional formatting is not an option because the field already has the
wrong (=previous) value.

I could go back to the DB and generate a view which places special values
instead of nulls so I could have tested for it in Word. This can't be
implemented as a generic solution (each field might require a different
special value) and is highly undesirable.

Does anybody know about a better workaround?

Thanks,
Iaacov

How can I insert a placeholder for blank Word merge fields? DJ Mailmerge 1 March 15th 06 05:48 PM
Correct spacing for blank fields in name mailmerge Harry Weeds Mailmerge 3 March 5th 06 07:58 AM
blank merge fields Scott Mailmerge 1 February 24th 06 05:01 AM
omit blank mail merge fields gapkid Mailmerge 2 October 20th 05 07:19 AM
Blank fields when mail merging Romina Mailmerge 1 December 13th 04 08:28 AM