Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Turn off Change Tracking Pop Ups Turn off Change Tracking Pop Ups is offline

Default How do I stop the pop up bubble from appearing on changed text?

When viewing documents in word that have changes, a display box appears when
you are moving the mouse over the changed text to show you the changes. This
is annoying when reviewing documents with a team, as the presentor needs to
make sure that the mouse never passes over the text to display the bubble
with the change information.

How do we turn this feature off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Have you tried viewing the document in Final view? This will display the
document without tracked changes. For Word 2007 it's on the Review tab in
the Tracking group. For previous versions it's on the Reviewing toolbar.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

wrote in message
When viewing documents in word that have changes, a display box appears
when
you are moving the mouse over the changed text to show you the changes.
This
is annoying when reviewing documents with a team, as the presentor needs
make sure that the mouse never passes over the text to display the bubble
with the change information.

How do we turn this feature off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Turn off Change Tracking Pop Ups wrote:
When viewing documents in word that have changes, a display box
appears when you are moving the mouse over the changed text to show
you the changes. This is annoying when reviewing documents with a
team, as the presentor needs to make sure that the mouse never passes
over the text to display the bubble with the change information.

How do we turn this feature off?

Set the view to "Final" instead of "Final showing markup" and there won't be
any popups.

In Word 2003 or earlier, you can do this on the Reviewing toolbar, or you
can click View Markup to turn it off. In Word 2007, these settings are in
the Tracking section of the Review ribbon.

The drawback is that you won't see *any* indication of the changes unless
you switch back to showing the markup. You could have two windows
simultaneously showing the same document (in Word 2003, click Window New
Window; in Word 2007, click View New Window), one showing markup and the
other not showing it, and switch between them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Turn off Change Tracking Pop Ups[_2_] Turn off Change Tracking Pop Ups[_2_] is offline

I finally found the Option / ScreenTips. Since most of my documents need to
have the editing reviewed, I need to see the markup. On the View tab for the
Tools / Options, there is a check box for "screen tips"

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Excellent! I had completely forgotten that option. Incidentally, it also
controls whether popups appear when hovering over hyperlinks,
cross-references, and comments.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.