Larry Lester

Default Carriage returns between tables

Tony Jollans, in response to my post €śEnd of table cell character€ť provided
me with a great macro that splits a table into a series of tables, each one
being one line. I now have a situation in which a single carriage return
separates each table.

I have tried to run the €śsearch and replace€ť function to change the existing
Normal style, of the carriage returns between tables, to a dedicated style.
The Replace function ignores the format and jumps to the next Normal
character. It replaces the style only in cases where there is non-tabular
text below the carriage return.
Has anyone encountered and contended with this phenomenon?
Thanks,
--
Larry Lester
Tony Jollans

I don't think it's my fault just because I gave you the code :-)

I haven't come acros it before but can reproduce it in 2003 and 2000.
Fascinating.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Larry Lester" wrote in message
Tony Jollans, in response to my post "End of table cell character"

provided
me with a great macro that splits a table into a series of tables, each

one
being one line. I now have a situation in which a single carriage return
separates each table.

I have tried to run the "search and replace" function to change the

existing
Normal style, of the carriage returns between tables, to a dedicated

style.
The Replace function ignores the format and jumps to the next Normal
character. It replaces the style only in cases where there is non-tabular
text below the carriage return.
Has anyone encountered and contended with this phenomenon?
Thanks,
--
Larry Lester

This is a known issue. Word refuses to let F&R do anything with a paragraph
(mark) immediately preceding a table. It can't be deleted even if there are
other paragraphs above it; it can't be formatted; it's just ignored. This
behavior is very annoying.

[...]

Larry Lester

Thanks for the depressing news. I overcame this with a bit of manual labor. I
inserted extral carriage returns after each table, used F&R to replace one
with a text string and then used F&R to format the text.
--
Larry Lester