tfloech

Default want to delete a file

I WANT TO DELETE A FILE BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THE FILE IT TELLS ME TO CHECK THE
FILE PERMISSION FOR FILE. HOW DOD I DO THAT? IT ALSO SAYS USE THE FILE OPEN
DIALOG BOX TO LOCATE THE FILE. HOW DO I DO THAT?
--
tfloerch
NoNoBadDog!

Posting in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of shouting and is considered very
rude.

Because you posted in all caps, you are very unlikely to get a response.

Please repost your question without the CAPS, and you may find that someone
will answer your question.

Bobby

"tfloech" wrote in message
I WANT TO DELETE A FILE BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THE FILE IT TELLS ME TO CHECK
THE
FILE PERMISSION FOR FILE. HOW DOD I DO THAT? IT ALSO SAYS USE THE FILE
OPEN
DIALOG BOX TO LOCATE THE FILE. HOW DO I DO THAT?
--
tfloerch

Pat Garard

WHEN I CLICK ON THE FILE IT TELLS ME TO CHECK THE
Please advise us what "IT" is......
Are you using Windows Explorer? or what???

IT ALSO SAYS USE THE FILE OPEN

....what is "IT" ????????

Have you looked in Windows "Help"?
StartHelp and Support
search for "file permissions" (- I found 42 articles).

You know; we cannot see what you see
we do not know what you are doing (or how)
we would love to help.....but there seems to be
an attitude problem....
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"tfloech" wrote in message
I WANT TO DELETE A FILE BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THE FILE IT TELLS ME TO CHECK
THE
FILE PERMISSION FOR FILE. HOW DOD I DO THAT? IT ALSO SAYS USE THE FILE
OPEN
DIALOG BOX TO LOCATE THE FILE. HOW DO I DO THAT?
--
tfloerch

tfloech

Being new to computers it is difficult for me to express my problem the way I
should I don't know how to do simple things. Like delete a file. When i look
ithe help section of a program I don't understand things I am being told to
do. when i try to do something and a pop up appears telling me to check the
file permission for file I don't know where to go. I have a windows xp and it
is suppose to be easy but I don't find it to be easy yet. Maybe after a while
it will be easy to find what I need. Thank you for your reply.