Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoplay Geoplay is offline

Default What is symbol for 'square metres'?

I'm trying to use m2 in a word document and cannot find a symbol for it.
Has one been included?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: What is symbol for 'square metres'?

Yes, there is a symbol for square meters in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can insert it into your document:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the symbol for square meters (m²).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click the "Insert" button.
  8. The symbol for square meters should now be inserted into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Alt + 0178" (on the numeric keypad) to insert the symbol for square meters.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Type m, then hold down the Alt key and on the numeric keypad type 0178.
That will give you m².

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Geoplay" wrote in message
I'm trying to use m2 in a word document and cannot find a symbol for it.
Has one been included?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

You prob want to use m and then a superscript 2 (that should be in the
symbols): m²

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Geoplay" wrote in message
:

I'm trying to use m2 in a word document and cannot find a symbol for it.
Has one been included?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoplay Geoplay is offline

Thank you, that's just what I wanted.
Incidentally, when I received an email of your reply, I got a message that
the page was not available when I clicked on the link, so I had to go the
long way round to get there; something wrong somewhere!