Christopher Brewster via OfficeKB.com

Default Outline view: cannot collapse copied text into previous heading

I copied the content of a Powerpoint file into a Word doc, outline view.
This required numerous separate copies of text from Ppt slides. I got the
outline structured correctly except that the headings have "+" symbols next
to them. In other words, my copied text isn't considered part of the
heading before it, even though the indent levels clearly indicate this
structure. How can I make each indented block be recognized as the content
of the previous heading?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Christopher,

I copied the content of a Powerpoint file into a Word doc, outline view.
This required numerous separate copies of text from Ppt slides. I got the
outline structured correctly except that the headings have "+" symbols next
to them. In other words, my copied text isn't considered part of the
heading before it, even though the indent levels clearly indicate this
structure. How can I make each indented block be recognized as the content
of the previous heading?

Did you try copying from Powerpoints "Outline view"? That might make the most
sense. fWIW, a + symbol next to a heading indicates there are levels below
it. What do you see when you click a + symbol?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org