Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A.El Tohamy A.El Tohamy is offline

Default how to re-arrange page order in MSWord?

I have a large MSWord file, and I need to re-arrange pages [example: i need
to put page # 50 in place of page # 23].
Is there any way to do that instead of using cut & past order? can I move
pages smoothly [drag & drop] as moving presentation slides of Power Point for
example?

appreciate your replies
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Programs such as PowerPoint & Publisher - where each slide or page is a
separate element - operate on a totally different structure than that of
Word. Word files - regardless of version - have no page structure of their
own (despite the fact that the program deceptively presents an appearance to
the contrary), so you can't just pick up a "page" & move it to a different
location in the doc. Depending on how the doc was constructed, however, cut
& paste is not necessarily the best - let alone the only - option. You might
have a look at the following link. Even though written specifically about
Mac Word it applies equally to PC Word:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/pagesinword.html

If the doc is formatted using Heading Styles, Outline view allows for
selecting a topic at any level & dragging it to another position within the
doc. Subordinate levels will move along with the parent level, as well.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/8/07 12:40 PM, in article
, "A.El Tohamy" A.El
wrote:

I have a large MSWord file, and I need to re-arrange pages [example: i need
to put page # 50 in place of page # 23].
Is there any way to do that instead of using cut & past order? can I move
pages smoothly [drag & drop] as moving presentation slides of Power Point for
example?

appreciate your replies

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

A caution regarding the cut and paste method.

If the document was created using section breaks, then selectively cutting
and pasting paragraphs can inadvertently alter your page margins, headers,
footers, etc.

--
Tom Conrad

====