aln

Default How do I remove breaks

I inserted continuous page breaks in my document. My layout is distorted and
want these removed. How do I do this?
Jay Freedman

aln wrote:
I inserted continuous page breaks in my document. My layout is
distorted and want these removed. How do I do this?

There is no such thing as a "continuous page break". There are manual page
breaks, and there are continuous section breaks. Since they affect the
layout, I think you mean manual page breaks.

Use Edit Replace to remove them. Click the More button, then click the
Special button and select Manual Page Break from the list. That will insert
the code ^m in the Find What box. Leave the Replace With box empty, and
click the Replace All button.

If you really do mean continuous section breaks, you can choose Section
Break from the Special list, which enters the code ^b. However, there's no
way to make this code distinguish between continuous section breaks and
next-page section breaks; so if you have both kinds, you'll have to use the
Find Next and Replace buttons to find each break and decide whether or not
to delete it.

In the future, if you do want a paragraph to start a new page, use the
Format Paragraph dialog, click the Line & Page Breaks tab, and check the
box for "Page break before". Manual page breaks should be used only in
unusual circumstances, and then only after you finish editing the text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman