Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christina Christina is offline

Default Filename with a (2)

Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would
automatically take an existing file's name and create the same named file
with a (2) on the end? I have a (novice) user that says he's got one
document FileXYZ.docx, but that when he goes to Recent Documents he sees
FileXYZ.docx and FileXYZ (2).docx. Did it do an AutoRecover and he saved
another version somehow? Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 7 feb, 20:55, Christina
wrote:
Is there something in Word '07 (perhaps AutoRecover) that would
automatically take an existing file's name and create the same named file
with a (2) on the end? *I have a (novice) user that says he's got one
document FileXYZ.docx, but that when he goes to Recent Documents he sees
FileXYZ.docx and FileXYZ (2).docx. *Did it do an AutoRecover and he saved
another version somehow? *Thanks for any help.

You won't get any faster response if you keep posting the same
question over and over in the span of a couple of hours. On the
contrary, people will probably ignore you alltogether.

I would guess that your user at one point in time dragged files around
in his explorer and accidently copied the file to the same directory.
He might have deleted the copy later on, but the link to it could
still be in his recent documents.

Yves