Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RobertJohn[_11_] RobertJohn[_11_] is offline

Default Changing a Style

Hi all

I am using Word 2007. For a particular set of documents on which I am
working I like the look of the Word 2003 style but I want to make some
changes. First I want to change the font to Arial 12 for the text
body. Second, I want all paragraphs to have a first line indent of
about 1.2cm (or1/2 inch). This is the most important of the changes
and I would be happy if I can achieve this. I have looked at several
articles about changing styles but end up confused. What I want to be
able to do is have these modifications included as a new style which I
can then apply to other existing as well as new documents in the same
way as the other styles can be applied.

The third change I would like is with the footnotes. In the Word 2003
style there is only one space between the number and the first word of
the footnote text. I would like two spaces. I would also like the
footnote text to be Arial 10.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

Robert.