Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dani Dani is offline

Default Adobe PDF with Word 2003

I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
diehardii diehardii is offline

hi, no idea on how to fix that, but I use cutepdf writer for relatively
simple documents, and it works great. If you need to print in now, this will
work.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Good luck.

"Dani" wrote:

I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

First check to verify the add-in is loaded. Go to Tools/Templates and
Add-ins and see if PDFmaker.dot is in the list of global templates. If so,
then close the Template and Add-ins dialog box, right-click a toolbar and
see if the Adobe PDF toolbar is available. Select it to turn it on if it's
listed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Dani" wrote in message
I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make
sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-) Glad to hear it was that simple -- most Adobe issues
aren't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dani" wrote in message
I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked
all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make
sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see
the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sivan Sivan is offline

I also don't have the PDF Tool bar. I want to convert word file to PDF. I
did as you said and went to Tools/Templates and the PDFmaker.dot is not
list of global templates. How can I add the Pdf to Tools/Templates?

Please reply back to

Thank you!!

"Dani" wrote in message
I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make
sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you don't see PDFMaker.dot in the list of add-ins then it's either not
installed or not installed correctly. Do you have the full version of Adobe
or are you using the free Adobe Reader you can download?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

news

"Dani" wrote in message
I have installed adobe 6.0 (and did updates) and word 2003. I checked
all
security options in macro to trust all templates and I checked to make
sure
that the pdfmake.dot file is in the office startup. I still do not see
the
pdf toolbar in word, yet it is in excel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Check to see whether you have an Adobe Printer installed in your Printer
and Faxes group, if you do, then use that printer to print your Word
document. If you don't then you will need to re-install your Adobe
Acrobat product so that it includes all the options. If all you have is
Adobe Reader, then you will need to install an Adobe Creator product
such as Acrobat 8 or CutePDF or something similar.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Sivan" Sivan @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
news
I also don't have the PDF Tool bar. I want to convert word file to PDF. I
did as you said and went to Tools/Templates and the PDFmaker.dot is not
list of global templates. How can I add the Pdf to Tools/Templates?

Please reply back to HYPERLINK "Sivan_popo@hotmail. com

Thank you!!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/31/2008 9:09 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Which version of Acrobat do you have. PDFMaker.dot was last used with
Acrobat 6. Later versions use a COM add-in.
See:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=333235
PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application (Acrobat 7.0,
Acrobat 8.0, Acrobat 3D on Windows)

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=330984
PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application (Acrobat 7.0,
Acrobat 3D on Windows)

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=328909
PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application (Acrobat 6.x
on Windows XP or 2000)