Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default How to email a Word 2007 document without losing formatting

I created a resume in Word 2007. I saved it in rich txt format and when I
copy and paste it into an email, the original layout and format of the resume
is lost and the resume looks awful. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Rather than copy and paste it into an email message, why can't you just
attach it as an attached document? If you must copy and paste, then you
will need to change the format of your email message to rich text rather
than plain text, OR, change the format of your resume to a plain text
resume. I would suggest using Notepad as your text editor rather than
Word or WordPad.

Good Luck.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Michelle" wrote in message
:

I created a resume in Word 2007. I saved it in rich txt format and when I
copy and paste it into an email, the original layout and format of the resume
is lost and the resume looks awful. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Michelle

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/1/2008 9:59 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or... since you're using Word 2007, why not save the file in pdf format.
That way, it will appear exactly as you want it to appear to the
recipient--even if they don't have Word, and even if they're not using
Windows.

Click the Office button (upper left corner) and choose Save as - PDF or XPS,
etc.

If that's not available as an option, then install the free PDF/XPS add-in:

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Michelle" wrote in message
:

I created a resume in Word 2007. I saved it in rich txt format and when
copy and paste it into an email, the original layout and format of the
resume
is lost and the resume looks awful. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Michelle

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/1/2008 9:59 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.