Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maurice maurice is offline

Default Track changes between two reviewers

Presently working with Word 2003. Track changes is turned on but I have the
following questions:
- I want to have two reviewers looking at the same document, the ultimate
goal of developing two versions of same. Can this be done through track
changes
- I would want to have the changes of each reviewer invisible to the other.
Can this be done through track changes
- I saw an option for "Version". Is this a viable option to have two
instances of the same document so that the changes of one reviewer is
invisible to the other? Guidance sought.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

What I recommend is to send individual documents to each of your
reviewers and tell them to track the changes. You can then use the
Compare and Merge feature to Merge each of their changes together into
one document.

Versions is not a good option for this because all changes are stored in
the one document and you would have to save the changes out separately
to end up with a document with multiple sets of reviewers. Not to
mention that it creates a very bloated document with a high percentage
of corruption possibilities.

I hope this helps. If your document is a lengthy document and when you
compare and merge you do not get your desired results, you can either
look at some third party tools, such as WorkShare or you can manually
track the changes of one of your reviewers into the document of the
other reviewer. Word gets the Reviewer information from the User Name
inside of Word. You can change that from Tools, Options, User
Information. Change the name to fit your second reviewer.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Maurice" wrote in message
:

Presently working with Word 2003. Track changes is turned on but I have the
following questions:
- I want to have two reviewers looking at the same document, the ultimate
goal of developing two versions of same. Can this be done through track
changes
- I would want to have the changes of each reviewer invisible to the other.
Can this be done through track changes
- I saw an option for "Version". Is this a viable option to have two
instances of the same document so that the changes of one reviewer is
invisible to the other? Guidance sought.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/31/2008 9:09 AM